Updated: Jul 24, 2020
My name is Victoria Lee, my older pals and family call me Gayle. So....
Anyhoo, I am excited to be starting this personal blog that is fully inspired by and dedicated to all things that's beautiful in the world of makeup and beauty; especially for mature #genxskin. As I am also a "generation-Xer" (proud to be one and even towards the tail end), hence I also have a secret vendetta against ageing. Sshhh! Dont tell anyone. So this is where my the journey begins..turns out I found this to be surprisingly cathartic or therapeutic.
As there are already tons of great "how to do this and that" tutorials out there, some of whom I personally love like Wayne Goss, Kinky Sweat and Hot and Flashy; I wont be doing a lot of "how to do this and that" but my blog is 1 part a curation of great sites out there which I will be sharing a lot here for your convenience, plus also 1 part my own fun interpretations and creations representing my own makeup and skincare voice in this space - such as "How I do my Hooded Eyes for Years" or "Which Foundation is Best for Mature Combo-Oily Skin" etc. In essence, I like my blog to be like a repository of all things beautiful in makeup and beauty with the focus on "beautiful (inner, outer and a kinda spirit if you will)", 'fun" and "mature skin".
A quick snapshot of my skin condition :
- smile lines, wrinkles, crows feet + pigmentation, dullness (SLWCF+PD), please remember this acronym which I will be using pretty frequently
- my skin type is combination oily t-zone with dryness on cheek areas
- I have a medium color skin tone with a neutral undertones (silver, rose gold or yellow gold jewelry works well with my skin tone fyi because of my neutral undertones)
- I have a hectic work lifestyle living under humid weather meaning typically not much time to spend on makeup if possible I always go for products that does double duty giving me the bang for the buck in time savings
- my type of makeup style falls between a sense of contemporary mix with elegant edginess leaning towards minimalism and less is more approach
- my 2 personal Life Mantras : Heart must always be prettier than clothes worn, Never compare yourself with others (everyone is beautiful in their own & Makeup should be an expression of my personality and style never my age!
So that's it for now. Thank you for joining me on my surprising yet audacious journey where most people would say "forget it". Be Audacious Be Kind Always, V